1. Tämä sivusto käyttää evästeitä. Jatkamalla tämän sivustoa käyttöä hyväksyt evästeidemme käytön. Lue lisää.
  2. Seuraavat Twitch-streamit: Hyvää Joulua ja Menestystä Vuoteen 2019!

PLO

Keskustelu osiossa 'Blogs and projects' , aloittajana Warp, 14.1.2017.

1. Kyyberi

Kyyberi Well-Known Member
    Ylläpidon jäsen Poker Coach Moderator

Saadut kiitokset:
    2 746
    You cant beat the math. You raise to 9, so the pot would be 18 and you would have 21 behind. Potting any flop is guaranteed +EV in the long run. Even if he had the perfect cracking hand like T987ds, he can't get enough implied odds to prevent you from making money until the SPR gets to 1,5. And as no one has only the perfect range, you can pretty much shove any flop up to SPR 2 with Aces versus one player and it will be +EV in the long run.

2. Warp

Warp Active Member

Saadut kiitokset:
    And I certainly don't :D
    He gets too good odds to call.

I used to play like that and not only did I lose pots, I also lost the rake because if the probabilities run so close it's a lot of flipping in all directions and money flows only in the direction of the site. I prefer to keep the pots small. Aces rarely improve on the runouts. Disguised Aces print money. And it doesn't hurt to fold them like any other good looking hand on a bad looking flop vs action

3. Kyyberi

Kyyberi Well-Known Member
    Ylläpidon jäsen Poker Coach Moderator

Saadut kiitokset:
    2 746
    Well, if you don't believe the math it your thing. Of course it would be a good thing then to prove that the math of others is wrong. I would like to see your calculations how 4betting AAxx and shoving any flop when SPR 1 is not profitable.

When you say that you used to play like that but lost the pots, is that based in your memories or stats on tracker? I checked my database, and when 4betting AA and getting SPR between 0,8 and 2, my EV winrate with AA is 1435bb100. When 3betting and getting SPR 4 or more, winrate drops to 409bb/100.

I don't know about you, but I have made the math and at SPR 1,5 or less one opponent can't exploit you (even when he knows you have AAxx) when you shove any flop.

In your situation (pot 18, 21 behind) if opponent has T987ds it is breakeven for you both when you 4bet. If his range is 20% (excluding AA) then it becomes profitable for AAxx to 4bet and shove any flop. And this is IF the opponent is playing perfectly against your range (AAxx) on the flop. In reality, all small stakes opponents are far from perfect, which means that your EV is higher (because they make bad and incorrect calls).

Of course everyone has the right to play how they want and like. I even know a guy who doesn't trust the math and thinks A4s is favourite against KK in preflop all-in. For some, math is overrated. :)

#253 Kyyberi, 16.9.2019
    Viimeksi muokattu: 16.9.2019
Lataa...